Saturday, February 2, 2013

Rheumatoid Awareness Day




So today marks a HUGE step in our awareness for Rheumatoid Arthritis. Febuary 2nd, also known as ground hog day, now shares a new meaning to me and millions of others who suffer from any form of RA. We are now becoming closer and closer to bringing this disease out of the shadows. A disease that not only effects adults, but also young adults and children.To me today means that I will work extra harder in spreading awareness. It gives me a extra push to share my story and spread the word about RA. I am an advocate for Rheumatoid Arthritis. I share my triumphs and challenges so that others like me know that they are not alone in this battle. I share my story so that more people know about this disease. The more people that know, the more RA gets attention for funding for research that we need to find OUR CURE!



"As many of you know, I have a chronic disease called Rheumatoid Arthritis. I was diagnosed in Nov 2010 but it all began much earlier then that. My life was completely flipped upside down in June of that year. For the first 2 years I tried to hide my disease from people and from myself. Before RA I used to run every day for hours on end just because I loved the freedom in doing so. I also used to lift weights like a crazy person because I enjoyed the feeling it gave me. Until one day I had to stop because of the severity of this disease. I took my physical capabilities for granted. But RA has not taken away my spirit. It has not taken away my determination. And it has not nor will it even take away my freedom. I will stand face to face with this disease every day. I will challenge it until my very last breath. I will never stop running. I just have a very large mountain to climb over in order to run again. And now i'm almost at the top of that mountain. 



Today is Rheumatoid Awareness Day. Spread the word. Wear blue or purple. And raise awareness for people like me, who fight a never ending battle with a chronic disease."- Little Wurmie








-Little Wurmie-



No comments:

Post a Comment