Thursday, November 29, 2012

tis the little things...



So i'm feeling inspired to write tonight. So I figured why not? Today was another painful day. But I had my first chiropractor visit and it went very well. Although he said I do have a lot of issues with my spine, hips, neck and my jaw, he believes he can help me. As soon as he shook my hand I could feel the positive energy and hopefulness in him. He kind of reminded me of my boss, whom is a great man and I thank God for him everyday. As we started talking he was looking at my charts and was stunned at how much of a burden I have to carry on a daily basis at such a young age. But then he said that he could just tell by the way I smiled and the way I talked that I didnt let this burden make me bitter and angry like it does to most people. I then smiled and said "if i let myself become bitter&angry what kind of life would that be? in order to get better, you have to think better&positive" I cannot lie, at times, I do become bitter and angry. I am human after all. And having to sit back and watch myself be over taken by a disease is very hard thing to watch. That is why I have learned that in order to remain hopeful and positive I have to look at the little things in life. Every sip of hot cocoa, bar of chocolate, candle light, to the sound of rain on my roof, I appreciate and bask in those kinds of things in my life. When you lose something so valuable to you, like your health, its hard not to feel sorry for yourself. It's hard not to ask "why me, what did i do to deserve this?" But now I'm starting to see the bigger picture. I would not have this disease if I could not handle it. I do have those days and even weeks when I start to feel sorry for my self, and I do get depressed. But I have to remember, I am blessed with so many wonderful things and people in my life so I cannot remain bitter all of the time. I see no problem feeling down, or upset. Sometimes one just needs to cry. It makes you feel better, at least for me it does. Emotions are what makes us human. Feelings are what make us alive. With out struggle, with out happiness, we are nothing. Every battle, every fight will only make us stronger for the next one. We have to keep pushing, we have to keep fighting, and we have to have hope. With out those things, we will dwindle away into nothingness. 

Remember, even though life can be ever so hard, upsetting and negative, you have to remind yourself of the little things. Because its the little and even simple things we take for granted in life. Health is one of them. Some people don't really even think about it. But when your health is stolen from you, or threatened you then realize how precious it can be. And when it does happen, you realize that you cannot take anything for granted. Because it can be taken away from you at any moment with out any warning. Keep you're heart open to those little things in life that you over look everyday. Smile, because you have lived to see another day.





-Little Wurmie-

No comments:

Post a Comment